Saturday, January 21, 2017

Did Donald Trump dance with Caitlyn Jenner at the inaugural ball last night?

A picture’s worth a thousand words, right?
And now for a few brief and important news bulletins!

MY EMAIL IS WORKING AGAIN. I’m not sure what went wrong or how I fixed it, but a few hours ago while Sam was downtown at his anti-Trump protest hoo-hah I started getting an error message that my IMAP server got fucked up and wouldn’t accept my login information. Therefore, I: 1) changed my email password; 2) ate half a sugar-free dark chocolate bar; 3) took a two-hour nap; and 4) restarted my computer (Sam suggested this one when he got home tonight). Although I’m fairly positive that steps two and three had nothing whatsoever to do with it, I never question success. Holy crap, right?

I COMPLETELY IGNORED TRUMP’S INAUG-URINE-ATION TODAY. This included not watching the news on TV, not looking at inaug-urine-ation pictures or videos online, not reading any Donald Trump news stories and not giving two shits what Melania was wearing. I did, however, notice a headline on Facebook that the official White House website now includes a page with Melania’s modeling résumé and information about her jewelry line on QVC. Eventually I’m sure this will also include a shopping cart, free shipping when you spend $75 or more and maybe the complete line of Donald’s crappy made-in-China ties.

SAM HAD SKIN CANCER SURGERY AGAIN THIS MORNING. It was his third or fourth round since the beginning of November, this time on his leg. He’s bandaged from mid-calf down to the arch of his foot and he won’t be able to get his leg wet for two weeks. In case you’re wondering, Sam has become a real pro at wrapping assorted parts of his body with cling film so he can shower like a regular human being. Good job, Sam!

A SPECIAL REQUEST FROM THE ACLU. The American Civil Liberties Union is asking all Americans to please sign this petition demanding transparency from Donald Trump where his financial holdings, business divestment and tax returns are concerned. You can use the link below to sign immediately. Thank you, and please tell your friends and relatives!

To those of you who held your nose and watched the inauguration festivities today ... did you watch the inaugural balls, too? According to Page Six, Trump’s advisors were suggesting that he should try to dance with Caitlyn Jenner at one of the inaugural balls (she’s supposed to be attending) Friday night in order to “heal” his relationship with the LGBTQ community. (Yeah, right. When orangutans fly.)


Want to come over on Saturday and watch cheesy science fiction movies with us? We’ve got The Alligator People (1959) starring Beverly Garland, Bruce Bennett and Lon Chaney, Jr., and 20 Million Miles to Earth (1957) starring William Hopper. Bring hamburgers, okay? I’ve got a craving for hamburgers.

I think I’ve still got time for a few Howdygram design tweaks before I hit the sack tonight. Thank you for reading this!

No comments: