Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Are you watching the Democratic filibuster in the Senate?!

Happy Wednesday night, people. If you haven’t been watching the televised event of the year, you’re missing a fantastic filibuster in the United States Senate! Senator Chris Murphy (D-CT) began this morning at 11:20 a.m. and it seems that he’s working with a tag-team of two other senators, bouncing back and forth with pre-arranged “questions” and “answers,” which is actually a very clever strategy: Cory Booker (D-NJ) and Dick Durbin (D-IL). Other participants have included Elizabeth Warren and Edward Markey (D-MA), Richard Blumenthal (D-NJ), Dianne Feinstein (D-CA), Ben Nelson (D-FL) and Charles Schumer (D-NY). Democrats from the House of Represenatives have been delivering “care packages” all day (mostly Red Bull, soft drinks and snacks) to keep the senators going.
I’ve been watching off and on all day, live, via a link on Occupy Democrats. I don’t know how long this will last, but check it out here if you have a chance. They’re demanding a vote to ban known and suspected terrorists — particularly those on the “no-fly” list — from being able to purchase military-grade assault weapons. And I’m sure it will come as no surprise whatsoever that the only assholes in the United States who DON’T support this measure are the Republicans in Congress ... the paid shills of the National Rifle Association!



And now ... more horseshit from the defective brain of Donald Trump! During his speech on Monday in response to the massacre at the Pulse gay nightclub in Orlando, the Manhattan orangutan said, “Hillary Clinton can never claim to be a friend of the gay community as long as she supports immigration policies that bring Islamic extremists to our country and who suppress women, gays, and anyone else who doesn’t share their views or values.”

That comment is so fucking twisted it’s almost COMICAL.

“Ask yourself who is really the friend of women and the LGBT community. Donald Trump with actions, or Hillary Clinton with her words?” the presumptive Republican presidential nominee continued. “I will tell you who the better friend is and someday I believe that will be proven out bigly.” Bigly?!
And on Tuesday Trump followed up with this meaningless tweet:
I have no idea whatsoever why Trump is thanking the LGBT community — another smoke and mirrors marketing strategy? — especially since Hillary Clinton leads among LGBT voters by a whopping 84 to 16 percent because Trump opposes marriage equality, supports anti-trans state laws like North Carolina’s HB2, and none of the 11 judges he recommended as potential Supreme Court nominees are friends to LGBTs. And now maybe somebody can explain what an LGBT “belief” is. Seriously.



Give up? Three things! First, Sam had a brainstorm a few days ago and wondered how come we’ve never tried liquid bandage products for the leaking pressure sores on the back of my thighs. Regular bandages don’t stay on, even surgical dressings with gigantic four-inch square strips of paper tape, because the edges always curl up and get caught on fabric, and everything falls off the minute you step into the shower. So I ordered a couple of liquid bandage products from Wal-Mart (see below) and we’re going to test one of them tonight for the first time. Both are antiseptic, anesthetic, waterproof and don’t smell too bad. KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED! Yee-haw!
Second ... I ordered a snazzy new wristlet mini-clutch from Zazzle that I designed for myself! It measures 6" x 4" and it’s just the perfect size for my cell phone, an ID and my Blue Cross card for when I go to the doctor every three months. It seems stupid to shlep a regular purse if I’m stuck in a wheelchair every time I leave the house!
In case you’re interested, here are a couple of additional new mini-clutch designs from The Howdygram Store. I’ve got artwork for another 22 designs ready to upload this week so I can round out my collection. I love these little guys! You should buy a few for bridesmaids or graduation gifts or end-of-the-year presents for teachers. Thank you.
Third ... this afternoon I invested in a new long-handled grabber thing designed for decrepit senior citizens such as yours truly who can’t bend down to pick up shit that lands on the floor when Sam isn’t home. The tip of this grabber thing is so sensitive you can even pick up a slippery little pill! This will replace an identical item that I had for four or five years. It broke about a week ago.


Thank you for reading this. I could really use a nice hot bag of popcorn now.

No comments: