Saturday, May 28, 2016

The 2016 Republican clown car lives on.

Good Saturday evening to you and yours from the shocked yet delighted editrix of your all-time favorite blog — i.e., the Howdygram — because I’m still COMPLETELY PAIN-FREE for the third consecutive day! I can hardly believe it, people. I’ve been increasing my daily dose of Gabapentin for the last couple of weeks and finally found the “magic number.” When I take 2700 mg a day my neuropathy pain FUCKING DISAPPEARS. (That’s 900 mg three times a day, for those of you who might give a shit.) My feet feel normal, my toes and heels stopped screaming, and the intense pain from burning skin on the back of both thighs is about 95% gone. Gone!

I am therefore thrilled to post the following readout from Marcy’s Shit-O-Meter proving that I’m a BIG FAT DOUBLE-ZERO, three days in a row.


Let’s ask the 2016 Republican clown car to make an unexpected stop for a minute, shall we? I’d actually hoped the goddamn thing had stopped running altogether when the last of the Manhattan orangutan’s opponents — Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz and John Kasich — officially fell off the end of the earth. Lately, however, with the convention only two months away, they’re starting to crawl back from under their rocks, hoping for one last chance to look “presidential” for elections yet to come. First Ben Carson and Chris Christie, both being rewarded for their support with cash and/or the promise of a cabinet post, and now LITTLE MARCO RUBIO, the humiliated robot from Florida, who agreed on Thursday to embrace Trump’s nomination when he told CNN’s Jake Tapper that he not only planned to attend the Republican convention, he would be “honored” to speak on Trump’s behalf. Holy shit.
“Look, my policy differences with Donald Trump ... I spent 11 months talking about them. So I think they’re well understood,” Rubio told Tapper.

You know what, Marco? Your “differences” with Donald Trump go way beyond “policy.” During the primaries and debates you called him ERRATIC, JUVENILE, CHAOTIC, WHOLLY UNPREPARED, DANGEROUS and a CON ARTIST, and then you warned about handing over control of the U.S. nuclear arsenal to a LUNATIC.
Trump thanked Rubio indirectly by issuing the following tweet Thursday night: “Poll data shows that @marcorubio does by far the best in holding onto his Senate seat in Florida. Important to keep the MAJORITY. Run Marco!”

Rubio had decided months ago not to run again for the Senate, but these words are a surprising about-face for Trump, who spent the entire campaign deriding “Little Marco” as a “dishonest lightweight” who was “a disaster for Florida” and who “couldn’t get elected dogcatcher.”

Many of Rubio’s supporters are outraged by his support for Trump, saying they feel betrayed and confused. The episode adds to Rubio’s reputation as a shape-shifter who flip-flops frequently on policies and principles, and who even abandoned his own immigration reform bill when it became unpopular among conservatives.

Little Marco is a man without a career. Good!



I have no plans this evening whatsoever, mostly because Sam is still in Phoenix and I’m still a housebound senior citizen who can’t stand up to cook her own meals. To fill my time tonight, however, I plan to create a pile of adorable new mousepads for The Howdygram Store on Zazzle. I just finished uploading the following designs ... photorealistic marble in three stunning color options.
To round out your high fashion desktop I’ll also work on matching padfolios and spiral notebooks ... and maybe even coffee mugs if I’m feeling inspired! I actually have a file of coffee mug ideas. Maybe it’s time to take another look at it.

In the meantime I decided it might be fun to shop for some new digital backgrounds because there’s really no such thing as “enough” when you’re a retired senior citizen with a Visa card and nothing else to do. Here’s what I just bought from Etsy ... only $1.20 for each collection, on sale!


And now ... it’s time (at last) for another wad of pills, a shot of insulin, a couple of movies and a good night’s sleep! I need to conk out tonight at a decent hour because I just set up a haircut appointment with my home-visit stylist, Noell, for noon on Sunday. I need to be awake and pain-free so I can answer the front door and walk through the entire house without stopping halfway to sit down and whine. Fortunately, I’ve been feeling so damn good for the last few days that I decided to give this a shot without Sam being home to help me!

Thank your for reading this. Tell your friends, okay?

No comments: