Friday, January 9, 2015

TCM is spotlighting Neil Simon in January.

It’s 2:30 a.m., I’m freezing to death and as soon as I wrap up this Howdygram post I’m going straight to bed because IT’S REALLY WARM IN THERE. Two nights ago I added a second blanket and it’s making a huge difference. I don’t wake up as often, I don’t wake up shivering and I don’t have to pee every 60 minutes. This is definitely a win-win. Also, I actually feel RESTED for a change.

Before I forget ... TCM is spotlighting Neil Simon in January by showing all of his best movies on Friday nights. Here are my personal picks for the rest of the month, okay?

FRIDAY, JANUARY 9
Plaza Suite (1971) starring Walter Matthau and lots of other people
California Suite (1978) four separate stories with an all-star cast

FRIDAY, JANUARY 16
The Goodbye Girl (1977) starring Marsha Mason and Richard Dreyfuss
Chapter Two (1979) starring Marsha Mason and James Caan
Only When I Laugh (1981) starring Marsha Mason and Kristy McNicholl

FRIDAY, JANUARY 23
The Sunshine Boys (1975) starring Walter Matthau and George Burns
I apologize for not alerting you to the first night of Neil Simon movies on January 2. You missed The Odd Couple (1968) starring Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau and Come Blow Your Horn (1963) starring Frank Sinatra and Barbara Rush. Better luck next time, okay?

No comments: