Monday, January 5, 2015

Howdygram confidential: Here’s what’s happening today.

It’s 9:30 Monday morning, and my darling mother-in-law Belle will be laid to rest today at Mount Sinai Memorial Park in the Hollywood Hills. Sam, who’s representing both of us, has been in California with his brothers and sisters since Friday and will deliver part of the eulogy. Here’s Sam’s favorite picture of his mom, probably taken in the early 1970s. (I just uploaded the same photo to mom’s funeral notice page on Mount Sinai’s website.) Mom died in her sleep early New Year’s Day. She was 82.


At the moment I’m waiting for my food order from Artizone. They gave me a two-hour delivery window from 10 a.m. to 12 noon, but I seriously hope they don’t make me be a window-watching zombie for the whole two hours because I’m tired as hell and would much rather be unconscious on the chaise. In the meantime maybe I’ll move my carcass into the family room and watch the “Columbo” rerun I started last night until they get here. I’ll be back later, but please feel free to resume your normal routine in the meantime.

Thank you.

No comments: