Friday, December 26, 2014

Tomorrow is another day. We will eat again.

It should come as no surprise to anybody that sleep is restorative. The more you get, the better you should feel ... especially if you start out feeling like total shit. Christmas Day was the perfect case in point for me, as I was quite under the weather first thing in the morning but then felt progressively less repulsive after two extended naps, the first from 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. and the second from 4:45 to 8:30 p.m. Due to my bizarre sleep schedule, however, I didn’t have an opportunity to eat the uninterrupted shrimp prophesied in my previous post nor did Sam and I consume any part of the Costco meatloaf and mashed potatoes I’d indicated in the “Tonight’s Dinner” feature in the Howdygram’s sidebar. The disappointment has been devastating, but tomorrow, as they say, is another day. WE WILL EAT AGAIN.


As part of the Howdygram’s never-ending quest for quality entertainment I’m pleased to include the following video clip of Henrietta and Merna singing their best rendition of “Go Tell It on the Mountain.” Please note: I HAVE NO IDEA WHATSOEVER WHO THESE WOMEN ARE or why anybody in their right mind would offer them an opportunity to sing on television, but clearly Merna looks like she’s ready to kill Henrietta as soon as she figures out where to hide the body. Sing along if you know the words!



Shalom, everybody.

No comments: