Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Old age isn’t everything it’s cracked up to be, people.

Hi, guys. I’ve had a fun-filled, jam-packed day that included a juicy nap immediately following lunch with Sam, cleaning out two big cabinets in the study and ordering some fun crapola from Amazon. The fun crapola is pictured below. First, a big package of nice 24-lb. Epson inkjet paper for my new Epson inkjet printer and a package of fancy-ass foil-lined A7 envelopes to go with my holiday cards. I always make my own.
I also fine-tuned this month’s Amazon Subscribe & Save order, which is scheduled to ship on or about December 16. I’m expecting six teeny jars of Green Giant mushrooms, a six-pack of Miracle Noodles, three bottles of SweetLeaf berry drops, another jug of my favorite McCormick instant poultry gravy and a VERY cheap box of 48 Maxell AA batteries for $12.28.
I decided to postpone the following until February: 1) one 4-oz. can of Oriental hot mustard powder guaranteed to blow your brains out; 2) one dozen pouches of Chicken of the Sea boneless pink salmon; 3) 72 teeny bags of Planters Fruit & Nut Trail Mix; and 4) a case of Swanson Chicken & Dumplings as I’m pretty sure I haven’t eaten all the cans we ordered three months ago even though I’m trying.



You know what? I didn’t think I’d ever run out of words at five minutes past midnight, but I just did. Maybe I need to work harder at getting some real sleep once in a while. Old age isn’t everything it’s cracked up to be, people. Shalom to you and yours.

No comments: