Thursday, November 20, 2014

The weekend forecast: Thunderstorms, Hershey’s chocolate and a Roger Corman sci-fi dreckfest.

A couple of important developments! First, in case you’ve been working on your rain dance for drought-stricken Texas I thought you might get excited by our latest weather forecast. We’re finally expecting a lot of rain Friday night and all day Saturday, most of which will include THUNDER, LIGHTNING and a variety of SEVERE THINGS, as promised by the scary red exclamation point in the graphic below.
Second, I murdered a bunch of time yesterday with an Amazon shopping spree after discovering that we need some decorative clear replacement bulbs for the fixture in the master bathroom and I didn’t think it wise to send Sam to Lowe’s after his aggravating experience waiting in line at two pharmacies for nonexistent prescription refills [see previous post in case you don’t know what the hell I’m talking about]. So I ordered three twin-packs of nice 60-watt bulbs plus a few other essentials, including several large bags of sugar-free Hershey’s chocolate and a DVD collection of Roger Corman’s dreckiest science fiction cult classics: Attack of the Crab Monsters (1957) starring the Professor from “Gilligan’s Island”; War of the Satellites (1958) starring Susan Cabot; and Not of This Earth (1957) starring Beverly Garland.
But wait ... there’s more! I also added Maxell AA batteries to our Amazon Subscribe & Save program on a four-month rotation starting in December ... a package of 48 for only $12.68. THIS IS EXTREMELY CHEAP FOR NAME-BRAND BATTERIES, PEOPLE, and you should check out Amazon’s prices as soon as possible. Howdygram headquarters uses a ton of AA batteries for cordless mice, flashlights and the TV remote.
Holy crap, IT’S LUNCH TIME! I was considering tuna salad except I’m really cold right now, so I’ll shift gears and nuke a few teeny tacos from Costco and then wrap myself up for an afternoon nap. I’ll be back later with a new recipe for senior citizens, okay?

No comments: