Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Rick Perry believes that “abortion is a men’s rights issue.”

Know what? After the dizzying stupor surrounding my birthday on November 1 it seems that I’ve neglected to acknowledge a couple of MOMENTOUS MILESTONES this month! First, on November 8 my parents would have been married for 72 years if my dad were still alive, and a copy of their wedding portrait appears below for your possible interest. Mom and dad were posing in the lobby of the Belden-Stratford Hotel in Chicago; six months later dad would be on his way overseas with the Army Air Corps. Mom, in case you’re wondering, currently lives in a nursing facility in suburban Chicago. She’ll be 92 at the end of the month.
The other milestone? Yesterday was my kid sister’s 61st birthday. I haven’t seen Robin for a long time and don’t talk to her very often, either, but in case she sneaks a peek at the Howdygram I’ll wish her a happy belated birthday even though she hasn’t remembered mine for more than a decade. No, I’m not bitter ...



I saw a terrific post yesterday on one of my favorite websites [Raw Story] about Rick Perry’s appearance on Sunday at Dartmouth College. After blabbing about his frightening views on border security, energy and foreign policy he opened up the event for audience questions, so one student stood up and asked if Governor Perry would have anal sex in exchange for $102 million in campaign contributions. This was followed by another student challenging Perry’s claim that homosexuality is the same as alcoholism.
While the president of Dartmouth’s campus Republican organization stated afterwards that the questions were insulting and horrifying, the majority of students agreed that RICK PERRY’S VIEWS ARE MORE INSULTING THAN THE QUESTIONS. As a case in point I refer you to the preceding graphic and Rick Perry’s comment about abortion. He also remarked that Texas intends to “protect the rights of men who want to keep guard over their childbearing partners” and solidify “men’s rights as keepers of women and their role as family protectors.”

KEEPERS OF WOMEN?!

If you think it couldn’t get much worse than this, you’d be wrong ... because Perry took his misogynistic holy fuckery to a whole new level of crazy when he added that “abortion destroys a man’s ability to be a man” which “could leave some men to turn to homosexuality.”

This shitbag wants to be president of the United States. Be very afraid, people.



It’s 5 a.m. and I think I should go back to bed now because TODAY IS A VERY BIG DAY at Howdygram headquarters. Why? I’m expecting a shipment of kishka and latkes from Kenny & Ziggy’s Delicatessen in Houston and I need to rest up for what promises to be a feast of frightening proportions. With gravy!
Thank you for reading this.

No comments: