Saturday, August 23, 2014

It’s Official Gigantic Kitchen Reorganization Day here at Howdygram headquarters.

Another Saturday, another Sausage McMuffin, and shalom to you and yours from Howdygram headquarters, where the Internet’s elite meet to read pointless horseshit from a retired senior citizen with a lot of time on her hands. (In other words, me.) I have no specific subjects in mind for this post so I’ll probably just type aimlessly until it’s time to eat things. (We don’t miss meals here. NOT EVER.)
Today is OFFICIAL GIGANTIC KITCHEN REORGANIZATION DAY around here due to it being 103° outside and too damn hot to leave the house. Sometime this afternoon Sam and I plan to pull all the crap out of our pantry and cabinets in an effort to figure out what the hell’s in there and what we don’t want any more. I firmly believe the bulk of this crap falls into the “what we don’t want any more” category, such as the dozen cans of cheap year-old cheese dip from Dollar Tree and the expired quarts of soy milk that I forgot to drink. (Too late now, I guess.) Additional details will be provided on a need-to-know basis only. In the meantime, please feel free to come back later for a progress report. Thank you.



Sam is asleep in the family room and I’ve been on an Amazon shopping spree. Today’s treasures included a box of 200 Zeiss lens wipeys, another big jar of Harmony House dehydrated veggies for my world-famous Easy Vegetable Beef Soup for Senior Citizens [see recipe] and an excellent InterDesign magazine rack for the guest bathroom except I bought WHITE, not bronze.
For the record, I think Zeiss makes the best lens wipeys on the market and you can buy them on Amazon in boxes of 200, 400 and 600. I’ve tried other brands and they were crap by comparison. See Clear wipeys, in particular, left big shmears on my glasses that I had to reclean afterwards with toilet paper. The Howdygram wholeheartedly recommends Zeiss.



I’ll close this post with a must-see video of north woods halfwit Sarah Palin, who devotes a few minutes of time on her pathetic new right-wing community access TV channel — probably broadcasting from her basement, judging from the production quality — to mocking the ALS ice bucket challenge, which comes to an abrupt end when a couple of her kids dump a big one over her head and send her screaming into oblivion. The sound, according to Raw Story, is even worse than her shrill “campaigning voice” and enough to make your testicles retract (if you’re a person with testicles). Warning: Remember to turn down the volume at 1:53. Enjoy!


Thank you for your support.

No comments: